Applicant Disputes

As the subject of any Consumer Report, you are entitled to one free copy within 60 days of the date the report was ordered as laid out in the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA).

The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau has prepared “A Summary of Your Rights Under the Fair Credit Reporting Act” which defines your rights and actions that you can take if you feel there is information in your consumer report that you wish to dispute.

To better assist you with your dispute, we have summarized them below.

You have the right to be told if the information in your report has been used against you.

Anyone who utilizes your report to deny your application for insurance, credit or employment MUST notify you and provide you with contact information for the agency which provided the information.

You have the right to know what is in your report.

You may request a copy of your report if someone takes adverse action against you based upon information contained in your report and for several other reasons. If you have been turned down for employment because of information contained in your consumer report, you have the right to obtain a free copy of your report if requested within 60 days of you receiving notice.

Request a Copy of Your Report Online | Request a Copy by Mail

You have the right to dispute inaccurate, incomplete or unverifiable information

If you have identified information in your report which you believe is inaccurate or incomplete, you have the right to dispute the information in your report with us.

Online Dispute Form | Mail Your Dispute

PLEASE NOTE: Once a dispute is received please allow time for processing. One Source The Background Check Company is sensitive to the fact that many of our disputes are keeping applicants from starting jobs. That is why we strive to handle all disputes within 3 business days. Please be aware that some disputes take longer and can take up to 60 days depending on the circumstances of the dispute.

Once a dispute is completed One Source will automatically notify our client (the company that ordered the report about you) of the outcome and provide them with an updated version of your consumer report if applicable. A new copy will also be mailed to you at the address you provided at the time of the dispute if applicable.